Saturday, May 3, 2014

NGS 2014: Bag Switch-aroo

For those still packing for Richmond, I have a confession to make. So, ya'll with with your bag advice...telling us to save the NGS bag for later and bring along a different bag to use during the conference...you win...for NGS I am a convert. I had forgotten about the NGS bags. They are not close to the body, but rather open, kind of loose, and not easily slung on the arm. They are fantastic for hauling all of your loot home gathered over the course of the conference and I use them a lot after returning, but on a daily basis, they are not travel friendly.
For any other major conference, I would still use the conference bag. As you can see above, the FGS and the RootsTech bags are designed to hug the body and are much smaller. I know some have been worried about accidentally leaving their bag behind in the mass confusion of duplicate bags. With the NGS bags, I agree. They are not on you physically at all times, so more chance to leave them behind. So, my bag of choice for this conference will be the RootsTech bag given to speakers this past February. It is a cross body style that is large enough to handle the exhibit hall goodies, and yet, stays with me at all times. I admit defeat for the NGS conference, but I'm still not convinced with the other conferences. I am so protective of my conference swag that it rarely leaves my sight, so I'm OK using the body hugging bags. 
Conference packing = such serious dilemmas! JK....See y'all in a couple of days!

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates