As conference season rolls around, we are all going to be putting in some serious flight/road time in 2014.....not to mention serious research time...why not keep ourselves motivated with some fun genealogy/family inspired music? Besides, sometimes, a genealogist just has look up from the dead people and have some silly fun! Here are some songs I've been thinking about lately that should be in the genealogist's repertoire. The next time you head to the library for research, or to the cemetery for inventory, make this playlist for your iPod and jam away while working! If you can think of additional titles we should add to the playlist - let the rest of us know in the comments below - or tweet - or post on your own blog - #genealogymixtape!
1. Dance in the Graveyard by Delta Rae (You may want to grab a tissue first)
2. Story of My Life by One Direction
3. Memories by Within Temptation
4. Somewhere by Within Temptation
5. Pushing Up Daisies by Garth Brooks (No Video)
6. In My Life by The Beatles (No Video)
7. I Will Find You by Clannad
8. Ancient Evenings by Glass Tiger (No Video)
9. Cups - When I'm Gone by Anna Kendrick
10. Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson ( For those skeletons in the closet)
11. Georgia on My Mind by Ray Charles (For those southern ancestors)
12. Home by Daughtry
12. My Generation by The Who
13. Papa Loved Mama by Garth Brooks (Yes, I know, another Garth, but seriously, it's a full family story in song!)
14. Some Nights by Fun.
15.Sweet Memory by Melody Gardot
16. Taking Over Me by Evanescence
17. Through the Dark by KT Tunstall
18. When Irish Eyes are Smiling by Bing Crosby
19. Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier by Mark O'Connor & James Taylor
20. Love Don't Die by The Fray
Could this Possibly be Wood Betony? - While coming back down the mountains at Newfound Gap Tennessee, my friend and I pulled over to snap a couple of pics alongside the roaring and beautiful s...
3 years ago